/*--------------MBT Reply Link --------------*/ .MBT-replycomments{ background:#ECEAEA; cursor:pointer; color:#fff; margin:5px 0; float:right; border:none; padding:4px; -moz-border-radius:6px; -webkit-border-radius:6px; border-radius:6px; font:10px sans-serif; } .MBT-replycomments:hover{ background:#E7E7E7; }

Thursday 20 November 2014

A STRESSFUL DAY and i need to vent...

What a day!.. and I say that with absolute Exasperation 

I had a busy day planned today.. 2 auditions just hours from each other, both in London but nowhere near each other.

This was one of those days where you know everything is going wrong not through fate, or coincidence, but quite simply because of yourself. That being said, there is still nothing you can do about it.

My first audition was being held at pineapple studios, Covent Garden. Easy enough to get to.. should take me about half hour so ill give myself a lay in. No! well.. yes, I did lay in. I also missed my train thanks to the delights of the school rush hour (and the delights of my lay in)
My emergency train was delayed for 7 minuets, and my lord did those 7 minuets seem like an absolute life time. I finally get to the audition with 0 seconds to spare, and that's when I realise.. This is an open audition.

Now, this may not mean much to you, but its the difference between a calm and collected Ella, and a complete stress-ball, panic stricken grouch. The queue for this audition was going round the corner and down the road for about a mile and that is no exaggeration. Hundreds of dancers, hoping to make it out of the shit world of unemployment. Luckily i could hop in with some friends that had been organised enough to get there slightly earlier than 1 minuet late.

Unluckily, I seemed to have forgotten 2 very vital pieces of paper.. my CV and my headshot. I'm sure you don't need explaining as of why this was a dumb move.. lets forget about it.. can we? you see, i never go to open auditions any more as my agent usually gets auditions for me and does all of the paper work that comes for it.. so usually i simply turn up and dance. Thank goodness I had an hour to spare in-between rounds. That hour was spent looking for a library to print out my CV and a photo shop to print out a head shot in the middle of Covent garden at 12pm.. easier than expected! Yes the CV was out of date and the headshot blurry.. but is that not better that than nothing... (?)

The audition was for Mamma Mia on the royal Caribbean cruise. First round went by, we learnt a very simple corner step, as there were 50 of us girls and boys crammed in to one sweaty un air-conditioned room at a time. That round was fine and i got a recall, on to round number 2. we learnt a lyrical type of routine which was also fine but by this point I cant keep my eyes off the clock. it is 2.15 and my deadline to leave this audition to be able to make the second one on time is 2.30.

I skipped ahead a few and went in one of the first groups to show the dance we had learnt to the panel and to be 'judged'. We have all left the room and one of the directors calls me back, saying its such a shame i have to leave.. they really like me and would love to see me do the 3rd combo. I explain the situation, and explain the fact that I really do have to go ( by this point its 2.25) and off I go.
When i say off i go i really go off... running to the tube station like my life depended on it i jumped on the tube and hastily made my way to the second audition.

Sweaty, hungry and quite frankly shattered i make it to my second audition with 5 minuets to spare which i use wisely to make myself look less of a drowned rat. (this was a combination of the previous workouts sweat and the poring rain i had been running in to find this place)

30 minuets... Just half an hour i was in there for and i was cut first round. which is fine, if I'm not right for the part then I'm not right for the part but this left me with a tricky decision on my hands. . .  Do i run BACK to the previous location and try and make it in for the recall to learn the 3rd dance or do i call it a day? i called my friend who was at the audition and she informed me they were yet to go in and learn the 3rd dance.. Meaning I had around 20 minuets to get back there before it was too late.

SPRINTING now, back to the station ( its still raining) back onto the tube, change, change, back down the road to the studio, Back up the stairs and i make it just in time, they're just about to call everyone in. Good. this is Good. 

Almost 2 hours later and the audition is finally finished. The 3rd dance learnt and thank god they want to see me sing next week.. it was some-what worth it.

Home time now and I'm sure you can all imagine how knackered i am. I look a state and i couldn't care less because the last thing i would want right now was people trying to talk to me.. They knew better.

Almost home now and I hop onto my last train, in a world of my own. I haven't eaten enough all day so i am in a daze of tiredness and hunger. That daze was sharply broken when my train went zooming past my stop. and the next .. and the next. in fact, I had got on the wrong train altogether , and this train of course, doesn't stop until its a whole 30 minuets away from where i need to be. Bishops Stortford.. im in the counrtyside.

Holding back tears at this point, I slump myself on the floor of the train as all of the seats are taken and tuck myself into a corner.. maybe if I close my eyes hard enough i will magically appear to be in my bed.

I ended up back home a whole 2 and a half hours since i left on a journey that should have taken 45 minuets max. Absolutely shattered, I tuck into dinner, have a huge bubble bath to soothe my muscles and tuck myself into bed.

At least I get a lay in tomorrow.


Ella Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou all for taking the time to comment on my blog :)